Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Mother's Day !!!



This year my mother's day was really special. My little daughter made it so special for me ..that whole day i couldn't stop smiling. I was on the top of the world.

As soon as she got down from the school bus in the afternoon she started singing loudly the song "happy mothers day".. she learnt in the school, she hugged me there itself on the road and was singing loudly. All the people on the road started looking at us and were smiling.

When we came home she declared that ..as today is a very special day for you mom. So u wont do any work and i will do everything. I will behave like the best daughter today and u will not have to shout at me for anything. She herself kept all her things neatly ..her bag ,books, lunchbox, uniform all the things she kept in its proper place. She cleaned the toys and room. Whole day she kept singing.. the same song for me and laughing and hugging me.

She kept saying mamaa I am so excited bcoz its mother's day. Evening she took her dad out and told me we have a surprise for u........and went and bought flowers and cake and a beautiful gift for me. she wanted to decorate the house with balloons but somehow i managed to convince her not to do so ;-)

She also gave me a beautiful card she prepared in the school in her art class and i loved it. Through out the day we had a background music of the song 'Happy Mother's day'.
Till she went to bed she kept singing it and at least 200 times she told me in a day that she loves me the most and i am the best mamma in the world.

Even in her happiness, she remembered that me and Vijayan had to call our own mother’s and wish them too – which we had forgotten to do.
I never felt so happy in my life........... my little daughter she brings so much happiness in my life.........i just adore her.

Next day morning when she was getting ready for the school......... she asked me a very important question..
Mamma i was thinking we have Happy mothers day, we have Happy fathers day but then why don't we have happy children's day? so u can also give me gift and card na?
i laughed so much .........i said yes dear we do have children's day its on 14th Nov .. on Chacha Nehru's birthday!
she said, "oh! then OK ...........so i Will also get a special gift then.... thank God... mamma i was thinking there is no children's day!

I never stop thanking God for choosing me as Mother for the two best children in this World............I am proud to be their mom!
Thank You God once again for this beautiful gift!




6 comments:

vijayan said...

We are really proud of you dear and thankful to god for gifting you to us..

Renee said...

What a smart little girl. Indeed, when do we celebrate happy children's day.

I love the idea.

Your family look beautiful.

Lovely post.

Renee xoxoxo

Deepa Gopal said...

Hey that was a sweet post Sayli. Very sweet indeed!

You know what Krishna asked the same question but that was last year...when do we celebrate childrens' day?

It so sweet of these kids na to do so many wonderful things for us. It takes us to the top of the world!

When are you starting your art blog?

Deepa Gopal said...

I see Renee here...welcome to renee to sayli's world:)

Post your artworks soon!

Sayli said...

thanks a lot deepa! i found renee on your blog and it was really very inspiring blog! i will be starting my art blog soon just a day or two.

Sayli said...

thanks a lot renee for your reply.